Regular Board Meeting
Blackman Charter Township
November 18, 2019
The Blackman Charter Township Board convened at 6:00 p.m. on Monday, November 18, 2019 at the Township Office; 1990 West Parnall Road., Jackson, Michigan.
Members present: Clerk Sercombe, Treasurer Preston, Trustees: Ambs, Pack, Williams and Thomas.
Absent: Supervisor Jancek
Motion by Trustee Pack, supported by Sercombe to excuse Supervisor Jancek from the meeting.
Motion Approved by Roll Call Vote.
Motion by Trustee Thomas, supported by Sercombe to have Treasurer Preston chair meeting.
Motion Approved by Roll Call Vote.
There were 6 people in attendance. Sign-in sheet is on file.
CALL TO ORDER/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: 6:00 PM
BRIEF PUBLIC COMMENTS: – Bruce Grabert voiced his concern over Supervisor Jancek salary increase not being approved in October and requested to revisit some kind of salary increase Supervisor Jancek
ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA: –
MINUTES APPROVAL: Motion by Brandon Williams, Trustee with Support from Mike Thomas, Trustee to approve the Board of Trustee minutes from the Regular Board Meeting held on Monday, October 21, 2019.
Approved by roll call
- Approval of payroll for payroll dates 10/04/19 in the amount of $134,989.04 and for 10/18/19 in the amount of $162,491.34.
- Receive Revenue and Expenditure Report for the month of October 2019.
- Approve to transfer $250,000.00 from General Fund to Public Safety.
Motion by Phil Preston, Treasurer with support by Trustee Mike Ambs
Roll Call: Ayes – 6 Nays – 0 Motion Approved
SUPERVISOR UPDATE – 2020 Jackson County Aerial Imagery Acquisition Project by Scott Ambs to be reviewed.
2020 Budget will be addressed at the December Board Meeting with vote to be approved.
TREASURER UPDATE – Taxes and newsletter have gone to the printer.
Several bonds have been called for early December.
Three main Garbage haulers looking into concerns with trucks and over the township roads
Still looking into Solar, will be looking at next Utility meeting.
CLERK UPDATE – Looking for Election Workers. In 2020 there will be four Elections.
PUBLIC SAFETY UPDATE –
- Introduction of Alex Watson
- Approve 2019 Cleaning Allowance of $686.13, as required by the collective bargaining
Motion by Brandon Williams, Trustee with Support by Scott Pack, Trustee
Roll Call Ayes – 6 Nays – 0 Motion Approved
PLANNING COMMISSION – Nothing
Zoning Board of Appeals –
Car Wash Approved on Airport Road
PARKS & RECREATION UPDATE –
Park closed for the year.
Apron at entrance is done, but edging not complete due to the weather.
Dog Run on hold due to the weather.
TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE –
UTILITIES COMMITTEE –
- 2019 Condition Assessment Report (SUEZ)
- Sewer Easement on Edward Rose Properties (about done)
ORDINANCE REVIEW COMMITTEE –
- First Reading of Amendments to Ordinance #55 (Blight Ordinance)
Tabled till December meeting
Motion by Trustee Thomas with Support by Trustee Pack Roll Call Vote Approved
- Motion to Approve Resolution #21-2019-1118 Approving Amendment No. 1 to Articles Incorporation for Leoni Regional Utility Authority
Motion to table till December meeting, Motion by Trustee Pack with Support by Trustee Ambs.
Roll Call Ayes – 6 Nays -0
- Motion to Approve Supervisor to sign letter of intent for 2020 Jackson Count Aerial Imagery to Acquisition Project.
Motion to Approve Trustee Thomas with Support Trustee Pack
Roll Call Ayes – 6 Nays – 7
BILLS Motion by Treasurer Preston, with support by Clerk Sercombe to approve the payment of the bills on Board Invoice Post Audit 11/13/19 in the amount of $204,093.77 and Board Invoice Report dated 11/13/19 in the amount of $2,411,927.81.
Roll Call Ayes – 6 Nays – 0
EXTENDED PUBLIC COMMENT: None
OPEN DISCUSSION – Thank you for new traffic light being put up and re-think Supervisor salary and review paying for going to all meetings he attends.
MEETING ADJOURNED 6:37 p.m.
The Treasurer declared the meeting adjourned at 6:37 p.m.
Shelly Sercombe, Clerk