BLACKMAN CHARTER TOWNSHIP
BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Monday, September 16, 2019
CALL TO ORDER / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
BRIEF PUBLIC COMMENTS – (two-minute limit)
ADDITIONS / DELETIONS
- Approval of the minutes for the Regular Board Meeting held on Monday, August 19, 2019.
- Approval of payroll for payroll dates 08/09/19 in the amount of $145,708.89 and for 08/23/19 in the amount of $152,186.42.
- Receive Revenue and Expenditure Report for the month of August 2019.
- Approve to transfer $300,000.00 from General Fund to Public Safety.
- The Enterprise Group Awarded MEDC site Readiness Grant. The EG has been awarded a $100,000 grant from the Michigan Build Ready Sites Program. Grant will be used to complete design and engineering for improvements to County Farm Road.
- 032119 report to Blackman – all RV and Monitoring; 081419 report to Blackman all RV and Monitoring.
- Authorize the Director of Public Safety to assign an officer to the Regional Sexual Assault Kit Initiative Team, as a sub-grantee of Ingham County, with the officer’s costs to be paid for by the grant, with Blackman Township providing a vehicle for use by the officer.
- Authorize the Director of Public Safety to hire an additional public safety officer, to back-fill the position vacated by the officer assigned to the Regional Sexual Assault Initiative Team.
- Case 19-08 Site Plan Review Brothers Outdoor World – Springport Rd. Motion Carried
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
PARKS & RECREATION
ORDINANCE REVIEW COMMITTEE
- Discussion of elected officials’ compensation, committee recommendation.
- Award Demolition of 4001 Canary Lane to D.E. Excavation with the lowest bid of $41,723.
- Motion to Approve Resolution #15-2019-0916, Amend the 2019 General Fund, Public Safety and Building Fund Budget.
- Motion to create new funds to for road improvement project: 397 Road Improvement Debt Fund and 497 Road Improvement Construction Fund.
- Approve payment of bills on the Board Invoice Post Audit Report dated 09-11-2019 in the amount of $94,133.93 and Board Invoice Report dated 09-11-2019 in the amount of $446,418.75.
EXTENDED PUBLIC COMMENT (Three-minute limit)
Shelly Sercombe, Clerk