BLACKMAN CHARTER TOWNSHIP
BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Monday, March 18, 2019
CALL TO ORDER / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
BRIEF PUBLIC COMMENTS – (two-minute limit)
ADDITIONS / DELETIONS
- Approval of the minutes for the Regular Board Meeting held on Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
- Approval of payroll for payroll dates 2-8-19 in the amount of $117,238.88 and for 2-22-19 in the amount of $139,160.89.
- Receive Revenue and Expenditure Report for the month of February 2019.
- Settlement comments
- CASE# 1494 – Solar Panel Ordinance Review
- CASE# 1499 – Conditional Use Permit: Dog Day Care Grooming Facility
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
- One lot line set back, adjacent to Tripps Auto, Approved
PARKS & RECREATION
- Review of Parks & Recreation Budget
ORDINANCE REVIEW COMMITTEE
- Five Year Master Plan Review, Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- Resolution #05-2019-0318 Approval of Brownfield Plan for Kelcade/Dep Redevelopment Project located at 1801 Wildwood Avenue
- Motion to Approve $4,004 for playground repairs on Miracle Midwest playground equipment to be done by Miracle Midwest, as soon as possible.
- Motion to Approve the Facilities Agreement between Blackman Charter Township and Jackson Northwest Little League, to be signed by Peter Jancek.
- Motion to withdraw motion for a caretaker at the park, was tabled at the last board meeting.
- Resolution #06-2019-0318 of Support for Application to MDNR for a Trust Fund Grant. Supported by the Park & Recreation committee, and at the Public Meeting held March 7 (Resolution will be provided for the meeting)
- Approve payment of $116,601.00 to MERS to fund the MERS Retiree Health Funding Vehicle, to be paid from the following funds. G/F-$40.601 acct. #101-238-723.100, P/S-$69,000 acct#296-300-723.100, Sewer-$7,000 acct.#590-527-723.100.
- Approve payment of $15,000 invoice from Enterprise Group of Jackson, Inc. for 2019 Investment in Imagine Jackson 2020 to be paid from acct.#101-175-801-000.
- Approve the appointment of Gary Beck, Diane Derby, Kevin Ganton, Rachel Johnson and Greg Vogt to the Compensation Committee.
- Motion to purchase new gate for Parks, see attached quote.
- Motion to Approve Quote ITRQ13704 in the amount of $$11,692.19 to replace Township & Public Safety 2014 Desktop computers & (1) Laptop. The replacement of these office computers is done on a rotational basis every (5) years, as recommended by Technology Committee.
- Approve payment of bills on the Board Invoice Post Audit Report dated 3/13/2019 in the amount of $72,032.84 and Board Invoice Report dated 03/13/2019 in the amount of $427,436.09.
EXTENDED PUBLIC COMMENT (Three-minute limit)
Shelly Sercombe, Clerk